Here at The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, we want our website to be easily viewable by as many people as possible, including the elderly, disabled, visually impaired and people on the move. We endeavour to make our information easy to find and presented in a clear, simple and understandable format, viewable on a multitude of devices and in a variety of languages. We hope you can navigate our website with ease and enjoy the experience.
Our website is written in HTML5 and CSS, and conforms to World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) accessibility guidelines. This includes:
- Providing information in a natural written language, with code or markup that defines structure and presentation clearly.
- Ensuring pages can be viewed from the major browsers
- Enabling screen readers to navigate through the content easily
- Provide text alternatives for non-text content
- Providing the function to change the size of the text
HTML5 is a defined mark-up language for webpages to help ensure that they display correctly in current browsers and future browsers too. We strive to meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 at AA level. It is not always possible to do so throughout our website.