Our volunteers play an important role, helping our staff make the hospital experience better for patients. Voluntary support is committed to recruiting individuals from a spectrum of the community. They match individual skills/experience to appropriate placements, with training and support to develop skills.
If you are over 17 years old, live locally and want more information about these roles, please look at our available roles here. There is a minimum commitment required of four hours per week for six months.
If you have further questions after following the above steps please contact our Voluntary Services Team on email@example.com.
For work experience or shadowing, please follow the process here, paying particular attention to the contact person in the area where you are applying. This process is not managed by the Volunteer Team.
Work experience, shadowing, or clinical attachments are not managed by this service.
Please contact the team below for further information via email in addition to visiting their website.
Radio Hillingdon are Looking for ward visitors to visit patients at their bedside and inform them that they can listen to Radio Hillingdon if you are interested, please go to their website radiohillingdon.com.
If interested in volunteering for the Comforts Fund, please visit one of their shops at Mount Vernon Hospital. This voluntary group at Mount Vernon Hospital was established in 1935. Money raised contributes to equipment and materials for patients.
160 volunteers run the:
- Newsagent (10am - 3:30pm, Mon - Fri)
- Bookshop (11am – 3pm, Mon – Fri) - requires quality donations
- Charity shop (11am – 3pm, Mon – Fri)
- Two coffee bars, ground floor of the Princess Christian Wing (9:45 am – 4pm) and main Outpatients and Cancer Outpatient Departments (10am – 4pm).
- Refreshment service in Radiotherapy (10am – 4pm)
- Snacks and newspaper trolley on wards (weekday mornings).