PALS: Patient and visitor advice, feedback and complaints
We make every effort to ensure our patients receive the highest standard of care. This includes supporting patients, carers and relatives of patients to the best of our abilities, providing advice and help through a dedicated department called the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS).
Our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) is for:
- Advice and information on your questions or difficulties
- Listening to concerns and helping find ways of resolving them
- Taking note of what you tell us to improve the service our hospitals offer their patients
- Explaining the NHS complaint procedure and refering you to complaints when necessary
- Receiving feedback and suggestions.
We are a patient friendly, easy to access service designed to provide a personal contact to assist patients, relatives and carers. We are interested in your views on the care our hospitals provide. We welcome concerns, comments, compliments and suggestions to help us improve patient care and patient experience.
Who we are
PALS is a confidential service which helps patients and carers with any information, concerns or problems that they may have about their NHS care/service. We are happy for staff to refer their patients to us for assistance.
You will find us in our new home (January 2024) – behind the new main reception desk at Hillingdon.
- Call PALS on 01895 279973 or email thh-tr.PALS@nhs.net.
- PALS are available from 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
- Outside these hours please leave a message on our voicemail.
PALS aim to:
- offer on-the-spot help and advice
- provide information about local health services and support groups
- answer questions relevant to the Trust and the service it provides
- help contact other organisations including independent advocacy services
- listen to our patients, carers and relatives, to improve patient care
- give guidance on how to access the NHS complaints procedure
PALS leaflet in other languages
- PALS_leaflet_in Somali. - ALS_Adeega_Talo_siinta_iyo_Xiriirinta_Bukaankada [pdf] 215KB
- PALS_Punjabi_PALS_leaflet_Punjabi.pdf [pdf] 282KB
Raising a concern or making a complaint - leaflet in other languages
Zgłoszenie zastrzeżenia lub złożenie skargi (pdf, 225KB)
Hillingdon Hospital: PALS
Grnd Flr, Pield Heath Rd, Uxbridge, UB8 3NN
Mon to Fri: 9am - 5pm
Tel: 01895 279973 (office hrs). If we can't answer, please leave a message we'll call you back.
In-patients: If you are staying, ask a staff member to contact us, we are happy to visit you.
Getting to PALS
Use the AccessAble access guides to help plan your journey and easily find you way around the hospital.
Healthwatch Hillingdon is for anyone who is entitled to health or adult social care services in Hillingdon. It works to raise awareness among commissioners, providers and other agencies about the importance of engaging with communities.
Please visit the Healthwatch Hillingdon website for more information or call 01895 272 997 to find out how you can get involved.