Equality and diversity
Equality Diversity and Inclusion is a part of everything we do. It is our belief that we must prevent unlawful discrimination, offer equality of opportunity and provide an inclusive environment for patients, carers, visitors and staff. We are incredibly proud of our inclusive and multicultural workforce at The Hillingdon Hospitals NGS Foundation Trust, but what does Equality Diversity and Inclusion really mean?
Under the Equality Act 2010 NHS organisations have what is called a ‘general equality duty’, this means that we must:
- Eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimisation and any other conduct that is prohibited by the Equality Act
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a relevant protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations between people who share a relevant protected characteristic and those who do not share it.
Diversity is valuing everyone as a unique individual. It means recognising that some people will need different treatment to achieve a fair outcome – which is why we are committed to designing our services around the needs of individual patients and those around them. It means treating all our employees with decency, dignity and respect, with no tolerance for harassment, bullying or discrimination.
Inclusion is a part of engagement. No one is excluded from opportunities to fulfil their potential because of any of those protected characteristics. Therefore we aim to provide services to all sections of the communities and recruit/retain workforce, regardless of race, ethnicity, creed, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or sensory impairment or social and cultural background.
- EDI_Annual_Report_2021-2022.pdf [pdf] 1MB
- THH EDI action plan- 2022-23.pdf [pdf] 305KB
- Equalities_Human_Rights_Policy.pdf [pdf] 608KB
- THH EDI WRES Report 2021-22.pdf [pdf] 607KB
- Trust_Annual_WRES_Action_Plan.pdf [pdf] 114KB
|Appendix 3- Workforce Disability Equality Standard 2021-22.pptx||3234KB PPTX||03 Feb 2023|
|Equality Gender Pay Gap 2022.pptx||322KB PPTX||29 Mar 2023|