Alderbourne Rehabilitation Unit: The team


Rehabilitation Department01895 279 964Sara AhsanSpeciality Doctor Rehabilitation MedicineDr A Nair01895 279806, Consultant Dr M Nayar020 3311 1950, Consultant

Contact details

  • Hillingdon Rehabilitation service secretary: 01895 279 964
  • Alderbourne reception (appointments, general info etc): 01895 279 739
  • Alderbourne Unit nurses station: 01895 279 661
  • Daniel's Unit nurses station: 01923 844 285
  • ARU physiotherapy & occupational therapy office: 01895 279 947
  • ARU speech and language therapy office: 01895 279 139
  • Daniels Unit Therapy Team (PT, OT & SLT): 01923 844 679

Hillingdon Specialist Rehabilitation Service

Therapy leads:
Helen Johnston (
Cathy Gunn (

Nursing leads:
Raj Seepersad (
Helena Gomes Delgado ( )

Charing Cross Neurorehabilitation Unit

Lead therapy:
Kirsty Lethall (

Dr Ajoy Nair (
Dr Meenakshi Nayar (

Who will I meet?


The rehabilitation medicine consultants and consultant neurologists are responsible for your care.  The consultants do ward rounds each week and have a team of junior doctors who look after your daily medical needs.

Nursing staff

Nurses are involved in all aspects of your care. They work closely with the therapists, promoting your independence in the ward environment throughout the 24 hour period.

Speech and language therapists

A speech and language therapist will assess and provide therapy for any communication difficulties that are a result of your diagnosis. They will also assess and provide intervention for any difficulty you may be experiencing with your ability to swallow safely.


Physiotherapists will assess all aspects of your mobility and help you regain as much movement as possible.  They may provide you with mobility and transfer aids as well as a personalised exercise plan.

Occupational therapists

Your occupational therapist will offer advice and help you manage practical tasks of personal care and activities of daily living.  They may visit your home to look at the environment and recommend changes or provide equipment to facilitate your discharge home.


The psychologist is available to assess and advise if you are having any difficulties with areas such as memory and planning, or your sense of wellbeing.


Your food intake may be reduced because of problems with swallowing; the dietician will give you advice regarding your nutritional needs.

Rehabilitation engineers

ARU is co-located with the North Thames Environmental Control and Equipment Service which provides electronic assistive technology for patients with complex disability. Rehabilitation engineers are experts in assessing your assistive technology needs.