Breastfeeding support groups
The team in Hillingdon want you to feel supported as you learn to breastfeed your baby and we realise that questions or problems can arise at any stage. Whether you are still expecting and have some questions about breastfeeding, or you have had your baby and need support or to meet other mums please come along – no appointment is necessary.
You should already have the contact details for your Midwife, Health Visitor and Children’s Centre, but in addition, the information in the leaflet should enable you to find the help you need as quickly as possible.
Take a look at the Facebook page Hillingdon Breastfeeding.
- Hillingdon Peer Supporters – Facebook page – ‘Hillingdon Breastfeeding’
- Twins Clubs - www.harrowtwinsclub.co.uk
- La Leche League – West London - www.lllwestlondon.weebly.com
- Facebook page ‘LLL West London’
NB: for some national helplines, you are connected to a local supporter by automatic area code recognition. If you use a mobile or withhold your number, the person you speak to may not be local.
- National Breastfeeding Helpline – call: 0300 100 0212 (9:30am – 9:30pm)
- Pregnancy and Baby NHS.UK
- Breastfeeding Network – call: 0300 100 0210
- Association of Breastfeeding Mothers – call: 0300 330 5453 (9:30am – 10:30pm)
- La Leche League – call: 0845 120 2918 or visit: laleche.org.uk
- National Childbirth Trust – call: 0300 330 0700 (8am to midnight) or visit: nct.org.uk.
Who should I contact if I have a problem or question?
Julia Masdin, Infant Feeding Co-ordinator on 01895 279 723
- Health Visitor duty line: 01895 891302 9-5pm Mon – Friday (closed Weekends and Bank Holidays)
- National Breastfeeding Helpline: 0300 100 0212