We have our own in-house Urology service, mainly run from Hillingdon Hospital. We also run out-patient clinics, day surgery and flexible cystoscopy lists at Mount Vernon Hospital.
Urology is a speciality in which we treat patients with diseases of the urinary and genital tract. It is mainly a surgical speciality treating diseases of the prostate, bladder, kidneys, testicles and penis using a high degree of innovative equipment to carry out telescopic, laser and keyhole surgery.
The Urology Team focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of:
- Urinary and kidney stone disease
- Lower urinary tract symptoms and prostate enlargement
- Urological cancers (bladder, prostate, testicular and kidney)
- Interstitial cystitis and bladder and pelvic pain
- Urinary incontinence
- Urinary tract infections
- Erectile dysfunction, Peyronie's Disease and male infertility
- Basic paediatric urology
We have our own dedicated Urodynaemic Unit. We offer Botox treatment in-bladder for the appropriate cases of overactive bladder.
Emergency contact: Urology Registrars
Telephone: 01895 238282 (ask for bleep 5651)
General Urology advice
Whether you are under the care of your GP, hospital urologist or currently have no urinary problems, there are some simple things that you can do to help improve your bladder health and urinary system and help keep it in the best possible condition.
Coming into hospital
If you are coming to the hospital in the near future for your operation, you will receive specific information and advice about what will happen. In addition to this advice, it is important to look after your general health as this will aid your recovery and reduce the risk of complications such as deep vein thrombosis and urine, wound or chest infections.
- Urology Health - urologyhealth.org
- National Library of Medicine - medlineplus.gov
- The Continence Foundation - www.continence-foundation.org.uk
- The Cystitis and Overactive Bladder Foundation - cobfoundation.org
- Prostate Cancer UK - prostatecanceruk.org
- Orchid - orchid-cancer.org.uk