Attachment and bonding during pregnancy
Bonding with your baby in pregnancy can help with attachment, effective feeding and settling your baby when they are born.
Your baby can hear you from around 16 weeks of pregnancy. Babies hear their mother’s voices most clearly, but anyone can talk and sing to them – your baby will love to hear from anyone.
Try bonding with your baby by:
- Talking, singing or playing to your bump
- Massaging and touching your bump
- Painting your bump
- Booking antenatal classes (link to antenatal classes page)
- Making a birth plan
- Keeping a pregnancy diary
- Including family members and friends in bonding, including siblings.